Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The amazing Pinky


Pinky and Steve. I guess the Red Neck Rehab has a new mascot, The Beaver. Pinky went to rehab today and no code blue!! She got a little faint but the therapist learned her lesson and put mom down for a few minutes. She's pretty tired now and is watching some TV to float away into another world for a little while. I spoke to the neurosurgeon's nurse today who ahvised us that mom can start sleeping on her side once the turtle is off. Pink is very excited since she's had to sleep on her back for the past 3 month. The staff at the rehab is also excited because we hope this will quite the insane snoring that Pink produces. For such a lovely woman she sure can knock back some zzz's.
Pinky is enjoying Gene's company and they enjoy late evening rendezvous while Gene changes mom's diaper.
All in all, things are good, everyday a little better. Yesterday we went out to eat at a restaurant and Mom was so great. She's not letting the wheelchair or back brace get in the way of enjoying life. My mom is so amazing, every moment I'm in awe of her spirit. God save the queen!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey..I have MY name now on blog..I think! I will one day get this! I so enjoy hearing your loving tributes to your mom. The humor is delightful as well as your understanding and compassion. I think that for you to allow The Pinkster her Self in all of this is very honorable. Pinky, keep on keepin on. If ANYONE can pull this thru it is you. Also, I wondered if you received the music I sent to Pinky. This music is best for healing in a quiet area and alone. Breathe the vibrations into a vision of the damaged area of your spine and do this whenever you can. I know it will help* God Bless all of you. And Gene..you have risen to the occassion, proud to know you* Our Love, Kasha and Jerry and Christa and Little Head Ed, Macey the buddha-poodle (boodles) and ole cranky Kitty Kitty One Fang..Alex* That's alot of Love comin at ya!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth and Holly,

    Please send your mom my best. She is fortunate to have such a strong support system in place. She is in our thoughts.

    Matt Kirkpatrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are doing a wonderful job!!She is a special Lady! She is so blessed! Thanks so much for keeping us all posted, we have her in our daily prayers! Keep up the good work!!Send Pinky our love!

    Rosanna & Ken

    ReplyDelete