Thursday, February 5, 2009


This picture was taken a few days before the accident. God I pray for things to be different. Mom is really frustrated today. She's in pain, having spasms and is getting overwhelmed at the reality of this terrible thing. It's going to take a lot of hard work on her part to walk and regain mobility. It isn't easy. Her therapist said that mom will recover as much as mom is willing to work at it.
Strange to look at this picture of Pinky because she looks younger now than before. Go figure.
This is hard for everyone who knows and loves Pinky. Gene leaves tomorrow and that is causing some sadness for mom.
Anyone who wants to come to Albuquerque for a visit and help cheer Pinky's mood is welcome. The weather this winter has been amazing, we have extra beds and there is plenty to do.
Let's keep praying for my beloved mother.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Pinky & the Red Neck Rehab crew,

    I'm just figuring out this blog thing so forgive me if I do something wrong. I've been following it closely and think you are all doing an AMAZING job. We think of you often and pray for lots of "chicken" days for you, Pinky. Our hearts just break for all that you are going through and we are so inspired by your courage. We love you Pinky!
    Love,
    Mike, Beth & Katherine Holt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you guys to know I set up a group on my Facebook account called "Prayers for Pinky." I included a link to your blog for my friends to see and help send prayers. Hope that's o.k. I thought maybe the more prayers the better! Love to you all.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete